Sunday, November 17, 2013

Compassion Weekend!!

I have had a compassion filled weekend. Friday my mom and I rushed after work to pick up my cousin from college an hour away. We then drove another thirty minutes to a church that had scheduled an event. We met Legacy Five there and helped them to get one of their children sponsored out they had for a little girl in India. She had been waiting ten months. Almost a year!! A Sunday school class sponsored her. :) Legacy Five I must say after meeting them are so sweet and so funny!! The young guy they have that plays piano is amazing and One of the guys that sing has such an amazing voice that is so so deep!!
This Saturday was spent preparing for Sunday.....
 Today I did my presentation at church. I finished speaking at church for Compassion. Yes I did shake like a leaf. Yes I did stutter some and stumble over a couple of words. The booth came together amazingly even though we did end up short a table. So the long nights were worth it. I forgot to read some things just as they were on paper and teared up reading two of my little ones letters. All went great though. We warned as well as my preacher did to the church we were nervous and not ones for speaking. I did have many say we had to of been fibbing because the speech was amazing. Today we have had a good deal of people showing interest. One person wants to correspond and asked after being inform about what was going on with Philippines packets that as soon as I could get one she wanted to sponsor a child there possibly. Compassion call there monday to see when I can get a packet. One interested in water for life and the other got compassions number and the website... A productive day and the word is out. That is a step up in my opinion. Thanks everyone who has been encouraging me and thanks to The Way Community Church for allow Julie and I to speak to you all today. Special thank you to Brother Matt for not forgetting us and making us feel a little more at ease up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment