Saturday, September 7, 2013

Bullying.....


 
 

I wanted to share a post going around on facebook about one young boy and bullying. I know I what your thinking. "I thought she has said she will only post about her kids with the organizations she sponsors or corresponds with..." I promise this will all make since though and deal with my kids if you just read through to the end of this blog. I promise. Some my think what the person said is overboard, but they make a valid point.
 
Here the post words and all:

 
 
 
Ok this is from my heart and i will do my best not to offend anyone but im angry . a 15 yr old boy Gabe Saffer is dead because someone felt like they have a right to make fun and torment.Because they feel so much better than anyone else. I ...DONT CARE HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE,WHAT CLOTHES YOU WEAR WHAT YOU DRIVE OR THE HOUSE YOU LIVE IN .EVERYONE HAS FEELINGS! This isnt about pointing fingers its about awareness across the United States at the growing problem of bullying. Gabe took his own life other kids retaliating by school killing but no child should die!Parents need to take responsibility for their kids and their actions. Its hard enough on a kid to go to school these days much less face the hurt they do if their parents dont make enough money .Its not a kids fault and you can say what you want but half these kids get it from their parents who think they run everything!OUR KIDS ARE DYING!! Hes a baby his life was just starting and he was so broken in his little heart that he didnt want to be here anymore. How many teens feel that way today... But if those kids fight back they are labeled troublemakers A naked girl can get a million likes in few hours how many give a care enough to even share Gabes picture. I didnt even know this boy but i have cried since my sister shared it with me To all the kids who are in school who feel this way please talk to someone keep talking till someone listens i dont care if your the most popular kid in school the best athlete the richest the best anything you have no right to make fun of anyone Please share Gabes picture and just be kind you might save someones life ~Boots~See More


Photo: Ok this is from my heart and i will do my best not to offend anyone but im angry . a 15 yr old boy Gabe Saffer is dead because someone felt like they have a right to make fun and torment.Because they feel so much better than anyone else. I DONT CARE HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE,WHAT CLOTHES YOU WEAR WHAT YOU DRIVE OR THE HOUSE YOU LIVE IN .EVERYONE HAS FEELINGS! This isnt about  pointing fingers  its about awareness across the United States at the growing problem of bullying. Gabe took his own life other kids retaliating by school killing but no child should die!Parents need to take responsibility for their kids and their actions. Its hard enough on a kid to go to school these days  much less face the hurt they do if their parents dont make enough money .Its not a kids fault and you can say what you want but half these kids get it from their parents who think they run everything!OUR KIDS ARE DYING!! Hes a baby his life was just starting and he was so broken in his little heart that he didnt want to be here anymore. How many teens feel that way today... But if those kids fight back they are labeled troublemakers  A naked girl can get a million likes in few hours how many give a care enough to even share Gabes picture. I didnt even know this boy but i have cried since my sister shared it with me To all the kids who are in school who feel this way please talk to someone keep talking till someone listens i dont care if your the most popular kid in school the best athlete the richest  the best anything you have no right to make fun of anyone Please share Gabes picture and just be kind you might save someones life ~Boots~

 I decided I wanted to add this link after I posted so here it is. Discovered it through a friend on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663103610368078&set=o.154152544784170&type=2&theater


Bullying is truly hard and does put thoughts that otherwise the kid would of never considered. The word sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me is not entirely true. Words hurt and with time they can kill even. Please stand up against bullying. I would hate to hear of another child dying because they have had too much. Or like he and I begin to hate school, hate life, and lose self esteem. The battle will last a lifetime, but if only one person would stand up to the bullied you'll be amazed. Those few that stood up for me is what kept me going and helped me to smile every once in a while.
A few kind words and a good act does make a difference. The children like those I sponsor. I am not saying they live these lives I am going to talk about have many hardships. They live a type of bullying a little different than the kick, hit, or harsh words of a fellow student or students. There's is a stereotypical type of bullying. It has the same effect though. The thought that you don't matter, would life be better without them in it, their not pretty, their not handsome, their not smart. The list can go on. Most of these children do not see a school or rarely ever have the chance to go. They have to work to provide for the family no matter what age.
Some feel like they aren't loved. A few fellow compassion friends that have visited their children in their countries say they have spoken too other children at the project they go to visit. When asked if they had a sponsor or do they get letters the child either will give the happy reply with a smile that they are sponsored and get letters. Or the two sad comments that are yes they are sponsored, but don't get letters. Do their sponsors not have time for them. The worse answer I don't have a sponsor and don't get letters. Does no one love me. It makes me want to cry.
Some countries the fathers teach their sons to become a man you have to sleep with a virgin. Sometimes even paying a very high price to pay for a virgin in a hostal. The girls are raised the family chooses your husband no matter if he is way older. Most are married off once they have a menstrual cycle or even hit 12. The girls are also taught as children they mainly are there in their lives to have many children, keep a house, and keep the husbands happy. 
I learned if I remember the country correctly in Bangladesh the hostal women that sale themselves for a very small price and think that is the only choice for them have another worry. If they conceive with a man the man can  live off of her already meager income and they can say nothing. This same profession is usually passed on to the child.
In Uganda children worry about being harmed in their own yards. It brings you wealth if you sacrifice a child. This is put into the peoples heads by witch doctors. When you can not afford doctors this is the only choice so the witch doctors are hard to end there. Some parents go so far as to pierce their children's ears whether their boys or girls. It means their no longer pure and lessens their chance of abduction.
Most male children in a lot of countries are put in charge of their families once their fathers pass or leave. No matter the age. Where's the chance to be a child there. To me I don't think it's there. If so it is rare and very far in between.
School and sponsors pull these kids out of poverty and allows them to know they do have a choice, they are loved, they can dream, they can hope, and most importantly they can be a child. With innocence a child can have all that shattered very easily and quickly. It may not be bullying the way we see it here, but in the end to me it still is a form. 
Compassion and these other organizations like it are trying to change this cycle. The same cycle that has been being taught for may years. The parents can't be blamed nor the generations before them they were just following this same cycle they were taught.  This same cycle they grew up learning.
My question is would you make the difference by helping a child that needs encouragement and love? Will you show them they are loved?  I am not pressuring anyone. I am just pointing out bullying is worldwide just in different forms. Some may disagree with me, but I just put my opinion. If you want to sponsor, look at the children, or just read bout compassion here is a link I have with compassion as an advocate.



No comments:

Post a Comment