Sunday, August 18, 2013

My hero's

God placed me where he wanted me. He made me in his image, but made me unique. I have told my own children the same. Not to let them be told any differently. Their beautiful in their own ways.  I grew up in a very low income family. One that at for a long time did good putting food on the table and keeping the bills paid. Extra activities were a luxury that we couldn't have until I was in around 7th grade. I was always the person even as a little bitty one that people could trample all over. The one they could make cry or feel the lowest about myself. I always continued to love them and others. Always forgave with out being asked for forgiveness. The one who smiled no matter what. I am still working on breaking myself from constantly being trampled on. My boyfriend and I myself are what we call trying to teach the word NO...
I see myself in my kids. I pray they and their family's have never been trampled all over, but in all actuality it is most likely they have some time or the other.
 

I see the sweetness in them all. Whether it's sharing, smiling against all odds, and just possibly asking what they  want with no fear. It may not be sharing sucking fingers with a cow, but instead maybe food with a family member or better yet a complete stranger.
 
Guatemala: 
My 4 year old Maylin always smiling through all odds. Always sharing money gifts I send to buy food and home items for her family. She bought herself shoes once all other gifts have been food and home items.
My 5 year old Juan that loves unconditionally even if he just met you. Such a sweet heart in him.
My 16 year old Hesler he's so open and truthful. Both great qualities.
 
Indonesia:
My sweet 4 year old Angeli. So shy and reserved at first now so sweet and open. Always wanting to become smarter.
My 9 year old Marcella. So informative on her country and herself. So thankful to God for her and others life and safety.
 
Uganda:
My 6 year old Philipe. He lost his father and he and his mother live at an orphanage. He continues to laugh and smile. To love.
My sweet beautiful 14 year old Amollo. She's so eager to please. She's learning to write English better so she can write me herself. So she could make me happy.
My 16 year old Philip. A complete orphan. Living in an orphanage. He maintains hope to forget the loss of his parents. Hope to be adopted.
 
Nicaragua:
My 4 year old Dafner. I have not heard from her, but her beauty shines through.
 
Ethiopia:
My 12 year old Haile. My man that keeps going up in his clothing in pictures. He can only go up from here. I haven't heard from him yet, but have gotten a photo update.
 
Dominican Republic:
My 13 year old Fernando. We share a love for baseball. He shows his love for something so easily. It reflects.
 
Peru:
My 4 year old Jairo. He shares my grandmothers name, but also is not afraid to ask anything he wants.
 
Zambia:
My 1st grader Bibilically she is such a little angel. Haven't heard from her yet.
My 1st grader Caritus  my cutie. Haven't heard from him yet.
My 3rd grader Rachael. I have feeling there's a story behind those eyes. Haven't heard from her yet.
 
Honduras:
My sweet 11 year old Mario. He's my strong little man. Through not so good odds he still holds his head up high. 
 
United States:
My sweet 5 year old Brianna. She's my prayer child and find joy in all things even as a foster child.
 
These children have made it through so many things in life, but still keep happiness and a smile. They continue to smile. They are my hero's... Who I admire...
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment