Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Another letter guess who!!!

I was so excited when my mom handed me an envelope that said message from you sponsored child. I contemplated whether I was one of my long awaited letters from Amollo, Haile, or Fernando..... Quite possibly another great letter from one of my other babies.... Hummmm. I then proceed to open the letter and guess who....

Fernando!!! My 13 year old sweetheart from the Dominican Republic.
His letter was so sweet...
They translated his letter as saying...
Hello Dear Amanda Watts
May God's peace be with you and yours, I thank you for sponsoring me . (I am his correspondent) I am working hard at school and I hope I have passed to 6th grade . I ask you to pray God to help me to improve every day. I am playing baseball better, I play infield because it is my favorite position. I like it, thank you and see you soon.
Fernando Jose De Jesus Munoz. Transl. 202

I have trouble making out his words in Spanish due to a lot of the letters and words being muddled together.
Can anybody tell if they missed anything when they translated? My answer was yes. A fellow compassion friend is fluent is Spanish and could read the writing. As I thought there was some missing.
Her translation.....
"Dear Amanda Watts, may the peace of God be with you and yours. Thanks for making me part of your life. I am working hard every day at school and I hope to have passed to the 6th grade. I'm a little bit behind, and for this I ask you to pray that God helps me to become better each day.
In the baseball league, I am playing better each day and I play shortstop, which is the position I like the best. Do you like baseball? This is what I like the best.
Thanks again.  See you soon!
Jose"

No comments:

Post a Comment