Saturday, October 5, 2013

My oldest Philip's first letter!!

On to my second post out of many that I need to make. Monday my mom called saying I got two things in the mail. Wednesday as I was ridding with her to the doctor the second thing I got in the mail was a manila envelope. I opened it to find all kinds of things to make me smile from my two Ugandan orphan boys. I will share the oldest boy his things he sent here.


First thing I saw was the photo that I saw when I first sponsored him. My own copy!!
When I flipped it over I noticed another photo of him slightly different, but still great with a Bible verse attached.
Then I looked at the next thing and it was a drawing he made for me. I think it is just absolutely beautiful!
I then said well the other had a back too so I would check the back here to. Sure enough before it was laminated dirt and all someone related to LMU wrote info they had on him. His birthday is a question. He is put down as two different years. Their putting him as 19 on one and 16 on another. Everyone has come to the agreement he seems more 16 through not only his looks, but also his attitude and the way he acts. :) Here's what was put on the back. Love so much of it. Had to giggle at what he someday hopes to do.
Now for the part that gave me the biggest smiles and helped more than anything to brighten my mood no matter how bad I felt at that moment. A white envelope stared at me with his name on it. It contained his letter to me. The smile faded a lot once I read it. It was a page long sad and left me wishing I was allowed to help how he wants most. The letter in all was so sweet.
The letter says mistakes and all:
 
He put in sqiggles on the left hand side feel free as you read this letter.
The Letter:
Muwanguzi Philip:
 
Dear my Sponsor:
           How are you now? I my self I am called Philip Muwanguzi. I am 16 years old. I am a to far orphan. My father died of In 2010 march of HIV AIDS. I have a family of 4 childre I am youngest of all. I have Two brothers, and One Sister. I live in Uganda as my Lovely Country I like, I am a ugandan , and I want to have a sponsor In my life who will make our family pleased in Our present time. I am a christian who got saved in 2006 up to now I am still believing in God.
I am a very disciplined boy who like to be with friends, I like to be with in a family with love, I like a family peace which will wash away all my thoughts of this death of my parents:
Please my lovely and sweetest sponsor I am promising you that as you are choosing me to be your son, you will recieve blessings, happiness in our family, I like you, I need you, I feel you. 
God bless your work and your family together with me as I am going to be your new family member.
Thanks for listening, God bless your.
Yours
faithful Son
Muuwanguzi Philip
 
 
This sweet boy has definitely pulled at my heartstrings. He calls himself my son and calls my family his family, but I wont have the privilege to get him here to the states orfor him to legally call me mom due to restrictions. I will say before I even received this letter I wrote to him in a letter that I tell him so much of my life because my family see him as our family no matter how far away he is. I hoped it would at least help him to heal even if it is just a little.    
 
 
 
 

25 comments:

  1. Hello My Friend Amanda, Happy NEW YEAR. Hope you will be happy to hear from me in this new Year. Well a lot has happened to me and Home since last Year, BUT I thank God that everything is coming down to its normal and pace of operation. I know some people have played their cards to disorganise the home, but though such a situation happened, we are still in place.
    Your Sponsored Children Like, Kitamirike Philip, Muwanguzi Phillip, Eriya Ndiisa these ones are with me. I have seen a photo of children together on your blog i do not know whether you do sponsor them all.
    Let Me hear From you about this is possible. Lots have talked against me from one side of the dish, because i had no any contact for your sponsors, i could have told you what is happening and the cause. i know you all sponsors you have been told that am bad, but for sure it is a lie. Please I would like to still have love for your children. they need to write to you mainly Like Muwanguzi Phillip and to get some drawings from other children who cannot write Letters. Am warmly invite your love back to these Children. they are here with me.
    Thanks
    Yours
    Godfrey Kitakule
    Dir Good Samaritan Children's Home Uganda
    Looking to hear from you soon.
    Send me your Email address. at samaritan.helpachild.good@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear mummy amanda watts

    i your so muwanguzi philip i greet you in the name of christ our lord, i also pray f or you so that you stay well and i pray so that you remember that i am also here waiting for you mummy god bless you so much i miss your letters

    hope to here fr om you mummy soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Philip. Do you have a Facebook? I am under the same name. I would love to see new photos of you dated from the camera. I miss writing you as well. The lady that is over LMU has some of my letters to you. All up until Christmas or a little before.

      Delete
    2. I need to get them back from her.

      Delete
    3. my best friend taught mew to sign on facebook and i am on

      and i need to see them mummy

      Delete
    4. Now that you are on facebook search my name. I will search your as well.

      Delete
  3. happy new year mummy this is y our son w h o loves you so much
    goodbye my mummy

    remember me also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't forget you and pray often for you. :) I hope you are well.

      Delete
    2. i am very happy for this, and i want to ask you this mummy why dont you send me letters?

      Delete
    3. I sent you many many letters. Way over 5 you have my word on that. She has five right now.

      Delete
  4. THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN MUMMY


    Dear mummy

    This is your son muwanguzi philip who was under lmu as a child , how are you mummy i am greeting you in the name of Christ Jesus, i miss your letters mummy because since you decided to choose me as your son in October 2013 no letter i received from you mummy

    mummy i apologize for every thing that you have complained in my first oldest letter which was sent in October 2013, they are just familiar in my mouth so mummy i have learnt whatever you do not like

    Mmmy no matter things happened do not laeve me in tears i explained to you every thing in my oldest letter

    mummy i was very happy the day i found you by the help of my friend and i pray for him every day
    I pray for you

    yours faithful son

    muwanguzi philip

    GODbless you so much mummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Philip I was sad for your struggles you never did anything wrong. Never feel you have.

      Delete
    2. Philip I was sad for your struggles you never did anything wrong. Never feel you have.

      Delete
  5. hope to here from you very soon mummy

    but the photos have refused to paste my be it needs email i do no

    ReplyDelete
  6. mummy our director still wants you to sponsor us ; me called muwanguzi Philip and kitamirike Philip

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello mummy amanda watts

    i greet you in the name of christ jesus , i pray so that i can again start to receive live letter from you because since you became my sponsor i never got any letter from you mummy and i also want to know whether your continuing to sponsor me

    last year i was in senior five class and this i am going in senior six but i needs more requirements which i don t know whether i will afford so mummy find a way to connect to ore beloved director

    but mummy will you sponsor us this year2014 because we are in dangerous condition without your help or your hand on us mummy if you will sponsor contact our director

    love you mummy

    hope to here from you soon mummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. please get away to connect our director

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is director Godfrey kitakule of good Samaritan children s home Uganda gosachu under LMU who commented on your blog above i love you mummy Amanda this is son muwanguzi Philip god bless your work mummy. read this Ruth 1:16 goodbye god bless the familly of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Philip take a picture of yourself holding a peace of paper with the date please.

      Delete
  10. OK mummy but t it as profile picture or sending it and if is to send on this blog it has refused and my sister advised me to use an email sending to your email but i have no your email what should i do mummy ? i am waiting for your alternative mummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said you had facebook friend request me please and you can message it to me if you want

      Delete
  11. mummy i need to attach using an email how do u see that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. To attach using an email you have to have an email and such. I will give you an email address for me after I get off work. Is that ok. If you have facebook look up my name and you will find me on there too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let me know when you want my email Philip

    ReplyDelete