Friday, June 21, 2013

Advocacy!!!

Well I have had my advocacy going full swing right now. I am finding getting sponsors very hard for the children's packets I have. Thankfully I have had a lot of encouraging words from family and my Our Compassion friends. By the way their all amazing!!!
On another note though I have sold a little of my things I plan to sale. Not sure if I mentioned this so I will now. I have started my own buisness so it's just trying to get up and running. I am saling my small korker bows for $2.00 now when you mention it. I also being a person who loves crocheting started saling my three stranded crocheted headbands for $2.00. Its not a lot, but it adds up. I must say a lot of people are happy to give just donations. Yes I am wearing my compassion badge when I do this. This money goes to two more children needing sponsorship through one of the organizations I have researched, looked into, and get updated on the children. The people know this. Most decide on this option. The other option why I carry my badge is I am saving up for things the compassion children need and need for safety. If I can get this up and running with many donations maybe I can do a few more donations from the people to add more than two children and do more donations for things the children need to live and for their safety. I have had one donate this months sponsor fee of one of the children I have being sponsored through donations, enough for one safe playground for the compassion children, and half of the other sponsor childs fees already. Not to mention I have someone sending a donation for I dont know how much. In this I feel like I am making an accomplishment. :)
As for having a church presentation with my church. I have a date pinned down almost. The preacher is deciding to try and have the presentation in late July or early August. I have already had three people wanting to do sponsorship. Two have to ask their husbands the other has toget something settled first. That's an exciting note. Well I guess that kind of sums up my advocacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment