Sunday, June 16, 2013

A letter, and accomplishment, and a question (Posted on the OC site)

Well as I mentioned in a previous post I am trying to raise funds through a introduction through church, saling headbands, and asking for donations. All of the churches funding will go to compassions organizations such as playgrounds, medical, nets, and etc. The things you can donate to. I mentioned Friday making a little from my headbands, but today I went to church and some people I spoke to even before the scheduled date to speak to the church was asking about compassion and the children. I told them about it... Two said they would talk to their husbands. The other said they were probably going to have to drop their sponsorships with another organization due too issues with the other organization. She said she would get back with me soon. She's excited because with compassion she can write the children unlike her previous organization. As for later today within only around two hours with the small amount I made yesterday and what I made within those two hours I have made almost enough for one month sponsor fees and even a new playground for some lucky children. :)

As for my question does anyone think it is okay to send photos I took on the Battle of Shiloh that I went and saw yesterday with my family? Some of the pictures have pictures of the cannons they used so I was curious. It comes attached with a funny story about ticks.

As for the letter I received a second letter from Angeli written by her mother!!! The confusing thing is they write her name as Engeli (is that a way of saying Angeli). I learned some things I didn't know though.
   
This is Angeli's or Engeli's second letter to me. The theme is my dental check up. If I understand correctly her last checkup she said was March 18, 2013. She got her check up at the center, she felt happy about getting her dental checkup, and the dentist/nurse said Don't eat too much candy. That had me giggling. :)


Her letter was translated saying....
Shalom! Name: Engeli Vicktory Koroh (Ivy), (I thought it was Angeli Victory Koroh.) she is three and a half years old, (compassion has her as turned four on April 18th. This must of been written becore April and her letters are taking a little time in coming.) she is the second child of two siblings. She likes to come to the Child Development Center because she can learn. She's thankful to you who have sponsored her. She really hopes for your support in prayer so she can be a smart child (She asked for this prayer in her first letter too). How are you? She'll wait for your reply letter.
Regards Engeli.
Written by: Novita
Relationship with child: Mama
Translated by: LB
This is her drawing she made me. Its really good especially for such a small sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment