Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My First Successful Advocacy Accomplishment!!!

I am beyond excited!!! I helped a child receive a sponsor for the first time!!! I entered on the homepage of the  USA Compassion site and a child pops up under the sponsor a child button; right where a few of the longest waiting children pop up. There I see the face of cute five year old Dilcia from Honduras...

Isn't she so cute!!!! I had to keep my finger from clicking sponsor due to not being able to take on anymore finacial sponsorships. Boy did it hurt my feelings though. So with sadness and a lot of determination I decided to find little Dilcia a sponsor that she had been waiting for already for way too long. I posted her photo, some information, and her link on facebook along with on our compassion.   

Within a short amount of time I checked the sites I had posted her on to see if anyone was interested. To my surprise an amazing Canadian woman by the name of Judy had posted on the link I had put on the our compassion website. She informed me the she had sponsored little Dilcia. She also thanked me for helping her meet Dilcia, because without my post she would of never seen Dilica's photo due to her being on the Canada compassion website. She is excited to get to know Dilcia and I am excited for both being able to get to know each other and build a relationship.
Well it was too exciting to not tell about it so I hope you all enjoyed and got just as much joy out of reading this post as I did being able to live the event. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment