Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Compassion, Advocacy Decision, And The Correspondence Choice

     Well Compassion has come to mean a lot to me. I have met a lot of amazing fellow sponsors along with experiencing the kindness and helpfulness of Compassion itself. I am even experiencing the big strong need to help any way possible.
     Everyone that knows me can tell you how soft hearted I am especially when it comes to animals and children. Bet you can guess which I will be talking about today.... I even get the statement often. "If you pass over your child to her expect them to come back spoiled." Also the good ole phrase, "All kids love Amanda." So even though I won't meet my children for the first time in person all stands the same as if they were in front of me. I love them just as much as any child sitting in front of me.
     I have considered alot since I joined Compassion. I have in between October and May sponsored three amazing children and realized I have a talent for getting four year olds mainly (only one of my children aren't four). Did I mention all my children are four year old girls except my one sixteen year old boy.

                     Maylin                                                Angeli

                      Hesler
Back on subject now. I spoke to my preacher about the possibility of raising funds for Compassion which I am happy to say he has heard of. He is considering it and looking at my information I handed him.
     Another great thing is I made the decision to become an advocate! I train tomorrow and then I should be offical as far as I know. I am so excited!!! I then should be able to start helping children find sponsors. :) I can not wait!!! Sorry I am going overboard I know. So on to the next thing.
     I also made another decision I wouldn't change for the life of me. I chose to become a correspondent. I contacted compassion three days ago and asked for a child. The next day to my surprise and with much joy my corresponce child was already there.
Meet Dafner...
Dafner is from Nicaragua and is just too cute. :) Of course guess what else... Wait for it.... She's a girl of course and is four years old!!! That makes three four year old girls. I'm starting to think Hesler is becoming outnumbered. What do you think??? I can not wait to get to know this precious little girl.
     Now I am condsidering two things as I await for tomorrows advocacy training. First off, I am trying to decide if I want to add three more correspondent children. I am pretty much decided on calling them first thing in the morning though and requesting three more children. Lastly, I have decided I am going to sponsor another child, but hopefully my last for a little while. I am stuck between a little girl that's eleven in Honduras that was being told about on the OC site. She has had three sponsors in a very short amount of time and has recieved in three years a total of possibly two letters. She has been on the Compassion site waiting for a sponsor for two-hundred and fifty days. My other choice is a four year old little boy from Peru. He has been waiting on the compassion site for three-hundred and eleven days for a sponsor. He has my just recently passed and dearly loved grannys first name in his name. Jean is what caught my eye after I saw his face and how long he'd been waitng.
     As of right now the decision of my sponsor child is pretty much made. If the girl isn't just in someones cart and is actually sponsored I will have an adorable four year old little boy. Either way I am going to end either the girl cycle or the age four cycle. Wish me luck everyone. Until next time.... :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment